The most important advantage of lightweight steel construction compared to other types of construction is that it is a homogeneous, isotopic, durable and Human initiative minimised construction system.
365 days of the year without errors and damage factory production and field assemblies can be completed in very short periods. It offers a wide range of choices in design and material preferences. It offers clear usage areas with hidden column beam system in interior spaces.
According to reinforced concrete structures, wall thickness is at certain standards, saving on the exterior cladding, 7-10% in the interior space gains. It is lighter than other building systems and provides a reliable life against earthquakes by reducing the impact of the structure at the time of the earthquake.
* The quality of the steel building elements is under constant control. It is produced in factory conditions with measurements and values in accordance with the standards.
* Since it is a homogeneous and isotropic material, it shows the behavior expected of itself and the margin of error in static calculations is very low.
* The usage area of the structure increases as it is worked with smaller sections.
* Wide openings, smaller sections of the column without the possibility of crossing, large space and the desired design provides alternatives in creating a low cost.
* Much lighter structures can be built. This reduces the basic cost as well as provides a significant advantage against earthquake loads.
* It can be built in all weather conditions and very quickly. This ensures that labor costs are low and the ability to respond to needs in a short time.
* Qualified labor required. This minimizes compliance errors.
* The material can always be easily inspected.
* The structural element damaged for any reason can be easily replaced. This process is fast,easy and low cost.
* Steel structure can be easily reinforced when desired; it can be disassembled and re-installed in another area when desired.
* Steel construction elements can operate at full load capacity as soon as the installation is complete.
REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES
* Due to application errors, the quality of reinforced concrete can be reduced in dangerous dimensions.
* Since steel is not as homogeneous and isotrope, the margin of error is greater due to the admissions in static calculations. Static calculations based on these types of errors increase the cost.
* Does not require qualified labor. Therefore, fatal application errors may occur.
* After the concrete is poured, the work of inspecting the reinforced concrete structure is very expensive and difficult.
* Strengthening the damaged building element for any reason is a difficult and costly process. This process also raises architectural problems.
* Large openings, large sections, costs are greater. The alternatives for creating large spaces and the desired design are more limited than steel structures.
* Their basic costs are also high due to their large weight. For the same reason it is disadvantaged due to ground-ground interaction against earthquake loads.
* The construction period is long and is not suitable for working in all weather conditions. So it is long-term and higher-cost.